Titanium Frame Series of TouchFocus™ Next Generation Eyewear Soon Available for Purchase
See beyond age. See TouchFocus™.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (TOKYO: 4183; President & CEO: Tsutomu Tannowa) will expand its lineup of TouchFocus™ next generation eyewear by introducing a new series of titanium frames. Sales are set to start October 2018.
With a touch to a sensor installed in the temple, TouchFocus™ changes from far to near vision instantaneously. Electricity runs from a battery through an electric circuit, activating a liquid crystal area in the lenses. The liquid crystal “reading zone” can be toggled on and off as needed. This eliminates the need to switch between multiple pairs of glasses or crane one's neck at an uncomfortable angle – allowing for wide, clear vision and a comfortable wearing posture. The product is powered by a lightweight, rechargeable battery. TouchFocus™ weighs roughly the same as a standard pair of glasses.
Features of TouchFocus™ Titanium Frame Series
- Offered in 5 front frame colors (blue, green, brown, black, and gunmetal)
- Models which allow customers to select the temple color of their choice
- Features iconic “flowing line” design created in collaboration with world-renowned design firm IDEO
- Lightweight titanium with excellent durability and outstanding aesthetic properties To create a thin and visually attractive titanium frame for TouchFocus™, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. partnered with one of Japan’s leading metal material glasses frame manufacturers. The frames include a one-of-a-kind flat cable, an ultra-thin insulation piece, and other parts specifically designed for the titanium series of TouchFocus™ eyewear
- Provided with water resistant coating covering both lens and frame for protection against water encountered during normal, daily use（applies to all pairs of TouchFocus™ eyewear）
■Orders accepted From October 29th, Monday.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 270,000 Japanese Yen (tax not incl.)
Rapidly Expanding Retail Presence
Since the launch of TouchFocus™ at select retailers in February 2018, the TouchFocus™ retail presence has grown to 18 stores. From October 2018, the number and regional coverage of retail stores offering TouchFocus™ will further expand nationwide, including the areas of Hokkaido, Shikoku and Kyushu. By 2019, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. aims to have TouchFocus™ available at 100 retail locations nationwide and a presence in Asian, European and North American markets, with a goal of 50,000 pairs sold by 2022.
■For retail locations and other information, visit the official TouchFocus™ website (Japanese):
Regardless of our age, we all want to live life looking forward. However, all of us will face worsening eyesight as we age. With conventional progressive glasses, there is an unstated assumption that one will not be able to see as naturally and comfortably as before. TouchFocus™ challenges this assumption – providing a new answer to what vision care can be and a bright way forward. See beyond age. See TouchFocus™.