Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards
2020 Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards
Catalysis Science Contributing to Sustainable Society
In 2004, Mitsui Chemicals established the “Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards,” which aim at contributing to the sustainable development of chemistry and the chemical industry. In particular, the awards include the “Catalysis Science Award” and “Catalysis Science Award for Creative Work,” which recognize outstanding achievements in catalysis science.
The theme of the 2020 Awards is “Catalysis Science Contributing to Sustainable Society,” and we welcome applications from a variety of research fields including solid catalysts, molecular catalysts, and biocatalysts, as well as green processes and rare metal utilization via catalysis, along with materials science and development through novel catalysis.
The acceptance of application has been closed. Thank you for many applications. The winners will be announced in June 2020.
|Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award||Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award|
for Creative Work
|Eligible applicants||- Researchers who have made extraordinary achievements in the catalysis science fields as defined in the subheading, or researchers affiliated with a public research institution|
- One (1) winner (every other year)
- Must be 47 years old or younger as of April 1, 2019
|- Researchers who made original achievements in the catalysis science fields as defined in the subheading, or researchers affiliated with a public research institution|
- Up to two (2) winners (every other year)
- Must be 37 years old or younger as of April 1, 2019
|Prize||A plaque and cash prize of 5 million yen||A plaque and cash prize of 1 million yen|
Winners will be selected by a selection committee organized by Mitsui Chemicals, consisting of several top academic experts in catalysis science and a Mitsui Chemicals representative.
|Online application starts:||September 2, 2019 ＜Closed＞|
|Deadline:||December 31, 2019 ＜Closed＞|
|Announcement of winners:||Around June 2020|
|Announcement method:||Announced on the Mitsui Chemicals website, specialized magazines, etc.|
|Award ceremony/commemorative lectures:||TBA|
Application forms and submission information
|1. Nominee information|
|2. Nominator information|
|3. Recommendation by nominator||Form-1|
|4. Nominee’s application statement (2000 words)||Form-2|
|5. List of publications and patents||Form-3|
|7. Three (3) key publications|
|8. (Only the Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award for Creative Work)||International conference invited speakers list
Important items regarding applications:
- Forms must be completed in English.
- Individuals can nominate only one nominee.
- All application forms must be completed by the nominee, except for recommendations by nominators.
- Application forms 3 through 8 must be converted to PDF files.
- Put all three (3) key publications together in one compressed file (Zip file) after converting them to PDF files.
- Submissions must be completed via the website.
- Permission must be obtained from collaborators for joint research.
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Winners will be asked to deliver acceptance lectures in Autumn 2020. Details will be announced later. Travel expenses including accommodation charges will be paid.
- Photographs and video taken at the award ceremony and lectures may be used for promotional purposes.
Use of Personal Information
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. manages the personal information written in this entry form within the Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards Selection Committee, including the outside selection committee members, and uses it to select and announce the winners. In principle, the personal information Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. obtains through this form is used only for the purpose stated above. Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. will not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining prior consent of applicants except the case stated in laws.