Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards
2022 Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards
Thank you for your application.
The winners will be announced in June 2022.
In 2004, Mitsui Chemicals established the “Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Awards,” which aim at contributing to the sustainable development of chemistry and the chemical industry. In particular, the awards include the “Catalysis Science Award” and “Catalysis Science Award for Creative Work,” which recognize outstanding achievements in catalysis science.
We welcome applications from a variety of research fields including solid catalysts, molecular catalysts, and biocatalysts, as well as green processes and rare metal utilization via catalysis, along with materials science and development through novel catalysis.
|Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award||Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award|
for Creative Work
|Eligible applicant||- A researcher affiliated with a public research institution, who has made extraordinary achievements
- One (1) winner
- Must be 47 years old or younger as of April 1, 2021
|- A researcher affiliated with a public research institution, who has made original achievements|
- Up to two (2) winners
- Must be 37 years old or younger as of April 1, 2021
|Prize||A plaque and prize money of 5 million yen||A plaque and prize money of 1 million yen|
Schedule / Selection
|Application starts:||September 1, 2021 ＜Closed＞|
|Application closes:||December 31, 2021 ＜Closed＞|
|Announcement of winners:||Around June 2022
(on the website, specialized magazines, etc.)
Winners will be selected by a selection committee organized by Mitsui Chemicals, consisting of several top academic experts in catalysis science and a Mitsui Chemicals representative.
Required information and documents as follows;
1. Applicant information (Name, Institution, Age, etc.)
3. Application statement (2000 words)
4. Three (3) key publications
5. Research achievement list: publications (original papers, patents, etc.) and lectures (as an invited speaker of international conferences)
6. Recommendation Letter
*Two letters are required for the Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award for Creative Work
- Documents and Forms must be completed in English.
- Documents are required to be converted to PDF files.
- All application documents and forms must be completed by the applicant, except for the recommendation letter.
- Individuals can recommend only one person.
- Permission must be obtained from collaborators for joint research.
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Winners will be asked to give a commemorative lecture in autumn 2022. Details will be announced later. Travel expenses including accommodation charges will be paid.
- Photographs and video taken at the award ceremony and lectures may be used for promotional purposes.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. manages the personal information written in application documents and forms within the Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award Selection Committee, including the outside selection committee members, and uses it for selection and announcement to the winners. In principle, the personal information Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. obtains through applications is used only for the purpose stated above. Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. will not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining prior consent of applicants except the case stated in laws.