Find out more about what each of our different teams do that build a better future for us!
With a diverse and wide range of job scopes available, the opportunities for personal development and career advancement are limitless. Explore a myriad of job opportunities with us and find a career you’ll love. Check out our Teams & Roles for countless opportunities to do things that matter.
- SUPPLY CHAIN
- WORK PLACE
MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING
The Manufacturing & Engineering (M&E) ensures that our products are made in a safe, environmentally responsible, efficient, and cost effective manner in production plants around the world. They also ensure that these plants are built, operated and well-maintained.
The broad scope of M&E offers employees in the function the opportunities to explore different work experiences, job roles, project assignments, locations and cultures. As a result of the function’s involvement in a multitude of businesses, our people gain experience with many unique chemistries and unit operations, technical expertise to support and advance the company’s technologies as well as exposure to customers and markets.
- Production employees serve as technical resources to assist operations teams in daily plant operations. The key emphasis areas are:
- Maintaining and improving environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) performance
- Product quality
- Operating costs
- And all aspects of plant technical performance such as yield, energy efficiency, and production rates
Maintenance provides engineering support to solve equipment related issues that reduce overall production rates in manufacturing facilities. Maintenance/Reliability Engineers provide technical expertise which results in the increase of mechanical reliability of equipment in the production unit.
Maintenance engineers support maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment. They work closely with the plant maintenance group to develop the best immediate repair methods for equipment.
Reliability Engineers utilize reliability and predictive tools & technology to help prevent unexpected equipment outages that minimize the long-term cost of ownership. Reliability Engineers lead and/or participate in root cause failure investigations of the mechanical equipment and work on improving operating discipline to maintain long-term equipment reliability of Mitsui Chemicals Group’s assets.
- ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
- The Engineering and Construction focuses on designing and implementing projects of varying sizes, including construction of new chemical manufacturing plants and support facilities as well as projects to improve existing assets.
- TECHNOLOGY CENTERS
- Mitsui Chemicals Group’s chemical process technologies are managed by employees in our global Technology Centers who provide the technical expertise to support, develop and advance the company’s technologies globally.
MARKETING & SALES
Marketing & Sales teams at Mitsui Chemicals Group collaborate with thousands of customers, markets and industries in more than 160 countries to bring innovative our solutions and science to millions of households all over the world.
In addition to building strong relationships with customers, our teams blend a deep understanding of the market with our science and technology to consistently exceed the needs of the world's leading industries and growing megatrends. Mitsui Chemicals Group is widely recognized for continuously delivering best-in-class solutions, products, and services.
The teams continuously seek talented and passionate people to join our team of Solutionists. Come explore how you can contribute your expertise, grow your capabilities and make a difference at Mitsui Chemicals Group. If there is an opportunity, join our Marketing & Sales teams through our Marketing Internship, Commercial Summer Internship, Marketing Assignments Program, and Commercial Development Program. Only available at selected locations. Find out more from the local Human Resource Division on the availability.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Research & Development (R&D) at Mitsui Chemicals Group is at the forefront of delivering innovative solutions to some of the world’s toughest challenges, and attracts some of the finest researchers from around the world to our state-of-the-art facilities.
As a company of Solutionists, we rethink what is possible at the molecular level to create breakthrough products and processes that impact the world around us. Mitsui Chemicals Group scientists and engineers are amongst the most decorated in the industry for product discoveries, advancements, and lifetime achievements. Researchers collaborate on cutting-edge technology to develop sustainable market-driven scientific and technical innovations
- CORPORATE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- We work on the discovery of new technologies and look into the enhancement of current product platforms to create the products for tomorrow.
- COMMERCIAL RESEARCH & APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Researchers help to assess customer needs and either match current product solutions to meet their needs or create innovative new products for emerging requirements.
- TECHNICAL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- The Technical Research & Development team of talents supports customer needs by helping them to develop new products and providing technical knowledge on the use, handling and management of our materials.
Supply Chain at Mitsui Chemicals Group supports the inflow of materials to our sites for manufacturing, onsite logistics operations, and deliveries to our customers. Employees in Supply Chain provide transportation management services as well as safe and reliable product handling in compliance with regulatory requirements.
We employ more than 400 talents to work on Purchasing around the world. These employees are dedicated to delivering substantial and sustainable competitive advantage to Mitsui Chemicals Group businesses and customers. We manage the purchasing and payment of more than $68.5 billion in goods and services each year in over 160 countries.
Finance at Mitsui Chemicals Group is a vibrant global community where our diverse group of top caliber people collaborates in an inclusive environment to make a difference in all that we do. Our team taps on technologies and best-in-class financial processes to perform corporate, business and regional roles.
Finance people in corporate roles focus on strategic planning, capital structure, risk management, work processes, technologies and corporate governance issues. Those in business roles bring finance expertise to Mitsui Chemicals Group's global businesses, while those in the regions are responsible for the deployment, compliance and implementation of work processes at the local level.
- The Controlling function is responsible for providing world-class transaction processing and reporting — both externally for shareholders and internally, for our global businesses, job functions and geographies. They also provide consultative, interpretive analysis and support focused on improving global business performance.
- The Auditing team assesses internal controls and processes, identifying opportunities to make improvements and reduce risk. They work with all levels of people in Mitsui Chemicals Group from all around the world in areas such as Commercial, Manufacturing, Information Systems and Purchasing as well as other Finance sub-functions.
- INVESTOR RELATIONS
- Investor Relations provide the investment community with timely, credible information on our strategies and performances to increase interest in Mitsui Chemicals Group’s equity and fixed income instruments and to enhance shareholder value. They also work closely with Senior Management leaders to ensure they understand the investment community's views of Mitsui Chemicals Group, including industry issues and the competitive environment.
- The Tax team focuses on tax planning, managing tax risks including income tax audits and tax litigation around the world, financial reporting for taxes and internal controls and providing excellence in tax compliance. Tax is a global function and interacts with business leaders and key functions on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and significant business transactions.
This is a global function within Mitsui Chemicals Group that ensures the Company's financial flexibility allowing the Company to meet business and corporate strategies. In addition, Treasury works closely with Executive Management to manage risk holistically by employing enterprise wide risk management methodology.
The Treasury processes strive for excellence and innovation in each of the key financial activities: cash management, corporate risk management, credit risk management, financial asset management, financing and insurance.
Accounting professionals are responsible for the financial planning and reporting for the company as we address the global market’s need for food, energy and protection. They possess an unsurpassed attention to detail that allows them to effectively strategize, implement and monitor our global business goals.
We offer career opportunities in Finance & Accounting to those with undergraduate degrees in Accounting and/or Finance (with nine credits or more in Accounting preferred). Finance also recruits MBAs (preferably with undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, but other disciplines are considered). Mitsui Chemicals Group Finance provides challenging assignments and exposure to several facets of the Finance organization.
Human Resources (HR) function provides Mitsui Chemicals Group the talented pool of leaders and employees with best-in-class people processes, programs and services. Our ultimate goal is to deliver Mitsui Chemicals Group’s people vision of “the world’s best people, working together to make a difference.
HR professionals at all levels of the organization are leaders who collaborate with Mitsui Chemicals Group businesses, job functions and geographies to solve and drive key decisions to support the company’s aspirations. Working side by side with leaders, the HR professionals also gain global experience by collaborating with colleagues from various geographic regions on a regular basis, allowing for each job to be a development opportunity of its own.
- COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This function provides the expertise to develop competitive compensation and benefits strategies to support talent attraction, retention, recognition and ultimately, organizational success.
- HR MANAGERS
- HR Managers serve as trusted partners and consultants to global businesses, job functions and geographies. They provide support to implement HR practices that invest in our people and enable the creation of solutions that reshape our world.
- GLOBAL MOBILITY AND RELOCATIONS
- Mitsui Chemicals Group values the global staff mobility and this team of experts provides relocation counsel and support to employees who accept development assignments outside their home location.
- HUMAN RESOUCES INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is integral in the smooth HR operates locally and globally. This function of employees design, develop and implement world-class, global information systems and solutions to enhance HR organizational effectiveness and business success. They also serve as experts in providing technology solutions for HR tasks and initiatives.
- STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Strategic Business Partners serve as trusted partners and consultants to senior leaders within the global businesses and functions to determine the people strategy within Mitsui Chemicals Group. They provide consultation to others in HR to establish practices that invest in our people and enable the creation of solutions that reshape our world.
- TALENT ACQUISITION
- Securing a capable pool of talents is one of the key functions for HR. In Talent Acquisition team, they provide targeted recruiting expertise, programs, and procedures to attract, select and deploy the best talent to create innovative solutions that respond to the world’s challenges. Besides that, they also work on various strategies to continue strengthen our reputation as the employer of choice.
- TALENT MANAGEMENT
- The skills, knowledge and performance of our pool of talents must continue to progress with time. As such, the Talent Management team provides consultation on leadership effectiveness and employee development to align with Mitsui Chemicals Group’s culture of investing to bring out the best in people. They develop and implement learning resources across the company and designs and implements the Mitsui Chemicals Group Performance Management Systems.
- WORK FORCE PLANNING
- The team serves as strategic experts to ensure that the right talent is placed in the right place at the right time within Mitsui Chemicals Group. They plan for future workforce needs by analyzing internal and external talent.
- ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS
- The HR members provide consultation on organizational design and effectiveness. They also optimize work processes to enhance flexibility and change readiness to promote Mitsui Chemicals Group’s culture of innovation.
Cyber security is vital to a smooth business operation in modern days. Coupled with robust system architecture, the Information Systems function in Mitsui Chemicals Group offers a full spectrum of roles such as IT architecture, information security, project management and solution development.
- IT ARCHITECTURE
- You may find challenging and meaningful work in IT Architecture. Tap on your creative minds to design ways to bring Mitsui Chemicals Group forward via research and design information technology platforms, so as to enhance productivity at Mitsui Chemicals Group.
- In Operations, you direct proper execution of the Mitsui Chemicals Group network, intranet system and equipment to make sure it is stable and working smoothly.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- Cyber security is vital to the smooth operations for Mitsui Chemicals Group. In Information Security, they are an evolving field that enables Mitsui Chemicals Group to stop and contain threats before they have an impact on our network by preserving the our network and information integrity.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- The Project and Support Center is a major enabler of corporate change in technology, and is responsible for rolling out exciting shifts in our technology portfolio at Mitsui Chemicals Group by planning and executing the implementation of enterprise-wide technology upgrades.
- SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- Service Management is a frontline organization that makes sure that employees in Mitsui Chemicals Group are equipped with the technological tools they need to execute tasks.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT
- After knowing what solutions we need, this team of talents will design and develop the technology and application components to the necessary IT solutions.
Attorneys, paralegals and patent agents are among the professionals in Mitsui Chemicals Group Legal Division, providing counsel on a wide range of legal and ethical issues facing international businesses. The Legal team ensures that we conduct our business-related affairs in a legally compliant manner around the globe and that our intellectual property is well-protected.
WORK PLACE SERVICES
The Workplace Services (WPS) function in Mitsui Chemicals Group, particularly in Japan, is responsible for the management and daily operations of our laboratories and office facilities, execution of facility-related projects, development of global standards, and management of our real estate portfolio.
Local Facilities Management (FM) teams work with the corporate expertise center to offer a range of project management and operational services to help meet the needs of our businesses and functions. WPS partners with the Human Resources and Information Technology functions to develop workplace strategies and environments that maximize space utilization and enhance team collaboration.