Organization Restructuring Effective April 2018
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (President & CEO: Tsutomu Tannowa) hereby announce the following company-wide reorganization, effective as of April 1, 2018.
1. Details of the Reorganization
- "Solution Business Planning & Administration Division" will be established within the Mobility Business Sector.
- Followed by the acquisition of ARRK Corporation, to promote the governance of the company, the creation of business synergy between ARRK Corporation and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc and post merger integration.
- To expand a solution business model with customer-driven strategies in the Mobility Business domain.
- Nghi Son Project Group in the Planning & Coordination Division, the Basic Materials Business Sector will be separated from the Basic Materials Business Sector, and "Nghi Son-Project Division" will be established.
- To strengthen the structure of promoting the project by establishing the division. This is based on the fact that in the Nghi Son project, to address wide range of processes related to refined petroleum products as the large-scale project in an emerging country, has been demanded.
- "Corporate Sustainability Division" will be established.
- To promote the integration of ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) elements of which social demand has been increased worldwide, with business strategies, and strengthening the engagement with our stakeholders, with the aim of enhancing the value of corporate sustainability.
- R&D Strategy Division" and "R&D Administration Division" will be integrated, and "R&D Planning & Coordination Division" will be established.
- To integrate each function of R&D Strategy Division and R&D Administration Division in R&D center, and to promote "the formulation, development, enhancement and management of the R&D strategies.", which are the fundamental roles of the divisions, in cooperation with the related sections.