Through its online Sustainability site, Mitsui Chemicals’ goal is to provide stakeholders with a deeper understanding of the Group’s efforts to realize sustainable growth in concert with society. The site shines a light on the Group’s three-axis management (economy, environment and society), with a focus on environmental and social initiatives. Taking advantage of the unique features of website, we have made every effort to post comprehensive details encompassing a wide range of areas including the Group’s policies, structure and systems, activities, and numerical data. In addition, plans are in place to issue the Mitsui Chemicals Group ESG Report by October in every year. This report is archived details on each fiscal year posted on the Company’s Sustainability site in PDF format.
* To understand more about our activities related to creating new value over the medium to long term, which is the Group’s aim, please also refer to the annual reports (Mitsui Chemicals Reports) that we have published with the aim of reporting comprehensively on the strategies of three-axis management and its achievements.
About the Mitsui Chemicals Group ESG Report 2020
Scope of Data
Taking the Mitsui Chemicals Group as its basis, any references in this report that fall outside that basis are stated in the text. The scope of environmental data is as follows.
Environmental Data Collection Sites (Random order)
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (Ichihara Works, Ichihara Works Mobara Branch Factory, Nagoya Works, Osaka Works, Iwakuni-Ohtake Works, Omuta Works, Sodegaura Center)
Domestic subsidiaries & affiliates
- MITSUI CHEMICALS TOHCELLO, INC. (Ibaraki Works, Koga Manufacturing Dept., Ibaraki Works, Hamamatsu Works, Katsuta Works, Anjo Works, Nagoya Works*1)
- SAXIN CORPORATION
- MITSUI CHEMICALS INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS,LTD. (Saitama Factory, Ohtake Factory*1)
- MITSUI CHEMICALS SUN ALLOYS CO., LTD.
- Japan Composite Co.,Ltd. (Shimizu Factory)
- Mitsui Chemicals MC Ltd. (Head Office, Shimizu Factory, Kaibara Factory, Kanto Factory*3)
- SUNREX INDUSTRY CO.,LTD.
- TOYO BEAUTY SUPPLY CORPORATION
- SUN MEDICAL CO.,LTD.
- Yamamoto Chemicals, Inc．(Yao Plant, Omuta Plant*2)
- Mitsui Chemicals Agro, Inc.*3 (Agrochemicals Research Center/Production Technology Department (Yasu), Agrochemicals Research Center (Mobara), Production Technology Department (Omuta)*1)
- UTSUNOMIYA CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO.,LTD. (Funaoka Factory, Shinshiro Factory, Utsunomiya Factory, Tosu Factory)
- Hokkaido Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Shimonoseki Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals & SKC Polyurethanes Inc. (Nagoya Factory*1, Tokuyama Factory)
- MT AquaPolymer, INC. (Mobara Factory*1)
- Osaka Petrochemical Industries, Ltd. (Senboku Works*1)
- NIPPON ALUMINUM ALKYLS,LTD. (Osaka plant**1)
- Chiba Chemicals Manufacturing LLP (Ichihara Factory*1*3)
- NIPPON EPOXY RESIN MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD. (Ichihara Plant*1)
- Evolue Japan Co.,Ltd. (Ichihara Works*1)
- Prime Polymer Co.,Ltd. (Ichihara Works*1, Osaka Works*1, Automotive Materials laboratory*1, Packaging & Industrial materials laboratory*1*3)
- Chemours-Mitsui Fluoroproducts Co.,Ltd. (Chiba Plant*1*4)
- TAISHO MCT LTD.*1
- Mitsui Fine Chemicals, Inc (Omuta Center*1)
- Sanseikaihatsu CO.,LTD.*1
- Dow-Mitsui Polychemicals Company, Ltd. (Chiba Plant*1*4, Ohtake Plant*1*4)
- Mitsui Chemical Analysis & Consulting Service Inc. (Analysis & Support Department*1(Ichihara, Nagoya, Osaka, Iwakuni, Omuta), Laboratory*1)
- Mitsui Chemicals Operation Services Co., Ltd. (Ichihara Office*1, Nagoya Office*1, Nagoya Office*1, Osaka Office*1, Iwakuni-Ohtake Office*1, Omuta office*1)
- MC Business Support, Ltd. (Chiba Branch*1, Osaka Branch*1, Iwakuni Branch*1, Omuta Branch*1)
Overseas subsidiaries & affiliates
- PT. MCNS Polyurethanes Indonesia
- P.T. PETnesia Resindo
- Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Cosmo Scientex（M）Sdn. Bhd.
- MCNS Polyurethanes Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Thai Mitsui Specialty Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Hygiene Materials（Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Grand Siam Composites Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Prime Advanced Composites India, Pvt.Ltd.
- Zhang Jia Gang Free Trade Zone Mitsui Link-upon Advanced Materials, Inc.
- Tianjin Cosmo Polyurethane Co.,Ltd. (Tianjin Plant, Suzhou Plant)
- Mitsui advanced Composites (Zhongshan) Co., Ltd.
- Foshan Mitsui Chemicals & SKC Polyurethanes CO., LTD.
- Anderson Development Company
- Advanced Composites, Inc. (Ohio Plant, Tennessee Plant)
- Advanced Composites Mexicana, S.A. de C.V.
- Mitsui Chemicals Nonwovens (Tianjin) Co.,Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals Functional Composites（Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
*1Included in the data of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. as it is located within the premises of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
*2Only GHG and energy data are included in the data of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
*3Not included in the environmental data other than GHG and energy.
*4Not included in the GHG and energy data.
*The domestic non-production sites, which are not listed here, are also included in the scope of the GHG and energy data.
Fiscal 2019(April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020).
However, certain data that falls outside this coverage period has been included.
Reporting Cycle, Date of most Recent Report
Annually, October 2019
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Standards
Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Every year, we obtain the external assurance on each ESG data.